Boise's Resource for Child Care
Our website is a valuable Child Care resource for parents and providers located in Boise.
- Parents can search for licensed Child Care providers, view steps to choosing care, and seek additional resources for Healthy Initiatives.
- Providers can seek applications for licenses, licensing requirements, training resources, Healthy Initiatives resources, etc.
City Code Updates
The city is in the process of implementing several updates to Boise City code that will streamline the process of obtaining a new child care license and reduce costs. These code updates will go into effect on April 1, 2019.
New Licensing Requirements
Central Registry Check
New federal and state regulations require a Central Registry check for everyone applying for or renewing an application for a child care facility and/or worker license. Learn More
- Applicants must submit a completed form from each state they have lived within the past 5 years.
- The City of Boise is aligned with these regulations and now requires all applicants to provide proof of a Central Registry check.
- This requirement also includes all residents living in the home of an in-home daycare.